Monday, August 4, 2008

5 Things I hate about business travel

So, I'm on travel this week on business to beautiful San Diego for the week. It's been a while since I've been on travel on business and it reminded me of my time with Capgemini when I traveled Monday through Friday on six month engagements every week. Although my nice expense account, travel status, Delta Skymiles and Hyatt Diamond Points are no longer, my trip reminded me why I left the traveling world of telecom consulting. I'm a very patient traveler and can tolerate all kinds of situations, but here are my top 5 pet peeves on business travel.

5. Security Lines (primarily when people don't prepare for them, like having bottled water, don't take off their shoes, or don't take their laptops out of their bags)

4. Babies crying on the plan (I know I'm expecting one -- It's just annoying)

3. Over priced nasty food at the airport ($6 for a Miller Lite? Really?)

2. Delays (especially the ones that involve sitting on the tarmac for more than 30 mins)

1. Being away from home

What are yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a post on the 5 Things I Hate About Bloggers Who Don't Update Their Blogs"