Friday, January 30, 2009

Holy Trinity of Beer

Okay, I gotta end my last post from Colorado with a bang. So on my last night in Colorado Springs with my co-workers, we decided to hit up another brewery. We decided on the Trinity Brewing Company near the Garden of the Gods in CO Springs. When we pulled up to this place I was little hesitant considering it was in strip mall, but once we stepped into the joint it had the feel of an eclectic outdoorsy Belgian tavern. The first thing that caught my eye was the huge beer menu atop the bar.

The Trinity offers Belgian Beers, Micro-Brews and their own crafted beers. I had the Flo IPA which was aromatic and had the right balance of hoppiness. I also tried the Kwak which soon became my new favorite. Once we found a table the gang ordered some food. I ordered the bacon basket (yes bacon) and beer cheese soup.

Bacon Basket

Beer Cheese Soup

Chicken Avacodo Sandwich

The food at Trinity is not only good, but it's done with high quality ingredients. Washington, DC needs more places like Trinity which boast artisan beers and slow food for conscious people. The vibe at this place was laid back with a mix of folks coming off work and the slopes, parents with kids and babies, fellas chillin with the boys and co-workers having happy hour with Bob Dylan playing in the background. I definitely recommend checking this place out if you're CO Springs.

No comments: